New York City Cemeteries:
2205 Richmond Road, Staten Island
"This site was used as a public cemetery for at least thirty-five years before it was taken over by the New Dorp Moravian Church circa 1758…The cemetery was used as a burial ground for English soldiers during colonial times. In the section set aside for the exclusive use of the Moravians in 1763, the dead were segregated according to sex. The practice ended in 1819. The Vanderbilt Mausoleum is situated a short distance west of the church. It cost one million dollars when it was erected in the summer of 1885. Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt and his son, William, are among those interred in the mausoleum."
Map: Atlas of the borough of Richmond, city of New York (1907)
Text: The Graveyard Shift : a family historian’s guide to New York City cemeteries