The Rockaways: Crossbay Bridge
“The original Crossbay Bridge opened in 1924 between Broad Channel and the Rockaway Peninsula. The crossing had three lanes (center for passing) and a pedestrian’s walk on the east side. Granite and concrete railings on both sides prevented falling into the bay, and rebars provide strength. The bridge was widened in 1938 and rebuilt in 1970”
map: Queens (1930) / Alexander Gross
text: The Rockaways by Emil R. Lucev, Sr.